Maka's Story
Let me tell you about Bai Maka Bundu. Maka is the son of my deceased friend Fatamata Binta Bah. He had not met his father till last year because his father was in Netherlands trying to make and send money back to Sierra Leone for his family. It was only last year that he received permission from Netherlands to travel back and forth to Sierra Leone. April 1st I met Maka’s father Maka Sr. for the first time. Maka Sr. came to Sierra Leone with a Dutch friend of his, Hank.
Maka Jr. did not know his father and Hank were coming so he was in Makeni helping me with teacher training. When we came back Maka Sr. located Maka…discovering that he was in the process of being forced out of one poor living condition (shed behind and office building) into another very poor conditions (shack with an untrustworthy uncle). Maka Sr. took Maka Jr. back to a place Maka had left once before. They are asking Maka to stay with Assan a friend of Maka Sr. Previously when Maka stayed there Maka complained of only being feed once a day (several people eating from one pot), not having any soap to wash his cloths, sleeping on the floor in a crowded room and not having a mask to protect his eyes during welding. Maka Sr. and Hank never asked Maka Jrs opinion they just told him that he was being irresponsible and moved him back. Maka Sr. and Hank thankfully did listen to Maka Jr.’s reason for wanting to go to school instead of just learning a trade like they were pushing him to do. So they say if he stays at this welding job they will pay for his school the next year. Maka Jr. still has the terrible living conditions now 2 meals a day, crowded sleeping, no soap. Thankfully Maka Jr. now has a phone so we can contact each other…He now lives on the opposite side of town about 45 min. away and has the welding job so he will not be able to help me in the office and with the neighbor kids like he had been. I could not pay him salary, but I provided meals for him and taught him skills along the way. I kept him from the steeling street kids that he hung and lived with and introduced him to godly skilled people who may someday be able to help him if he relies on and honors God and helps himself. I would let him stay where I reside, but I am not the manager of the house. The manager and other residence would not approve. Enthusiastically Maka came to the Messianic Passover and was helpful in any area that I needed his help

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home